Named for Karl Meltzer aka “The Speedgoat”, who holds the record for the most 100-mile trail race wins and epitomizes the “go everywhere, run everything” attitude, this shoe is designed to attack all kinds of technical trail. With that in mind, we’ve further improved the fit, stability and durability of the Speedgoat 3. The wider midsole and toe box of Speedgoat 2 were well received as were the more aggressive Vibram® MegagGrip lugs, which hold up to all kinds of rugged terrain. With the Speedgoat 3, we’ve added further heel support and midfoot lockdown in the upper as well as “seatbelt” support on each side. It’s a combo that creates a protective cradle, which we believe makes the Speedgoat 3 the fastest, toughest trail running shoe out there.
• Reinforced TPU midfoot overlays to help ensure a secure fit
• Midfoot cage construction designed for stability and lockdown/foot capture
• Oversize EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning
• Wider platform designed to provide a more stable base on varied terrain
• CMEVA foam midsole absorbs impact points and offers stable footing
• Vibram® Megagrip hi-traction outsole with 5mm lugs
• Multidirectional lugs for supreme grip on varied terrain
• More durable outsole design
A snug fitting shoe that is lightweight, responsive and supportive. Mega cushioning for trails or harder surfaces to get to them, without loosing the feel for the ground. I rate these shoes highly.