Created with input from our elite trail athletes, the EVO Mafate 2 takes performance on the trails to the next level.
With an entirely new upper, the EVO Mafate 2 utilizes lightweight, secure and durable MATRYX® fabric and features a breathable vamp for an improved fit and a soft, flexible feel.
The EVO Mafate 2 still has our signature cushion with an aggressive outsole, so you can attack any trail. Run far and wide in comfort.
• Breathable vamp provides a comfortable fit with improved forefoot flexibility
• Gussetted tounge prevents migration across the instep
• Early stage Meta-Rocker geometry optimizes heel-to-toe transitions
• Lightweight compressed EVA midsole provides comfort
• Rubberized foam midsole/outsole provides responsiveness and resistance to compression
• Sculpted arch pod includes support for medial control
• Features a Vibram® Megagrip hi-traction rubber outsole with 5mm lugs
• Includes sculpted, aggressive lugs for the most critical conditions
• Features a rubber composition for unparalleled grip on wet rocks
I've been a longtime Speedgoat wearer, however, the redesign of the Speedgoat in its 4th iteration just didn't agree with my feet! Thus, I decided to give the Mafate 2 a try and, I have to say, I'm a convert. I've put these shoes through some decent kilometres in training, including a 25 km trail run on the weekend on technical and varied terrain, and they've proven themselves to be a supremely comfortable, light and stable ride. The only reason I haven't given them five stars in this review is that the fit seems to be a little larger than the other Hokas that I've worn. They are seriously cool trail shoes though.