In its fourth edition, the Mach 4 takes its biggest leap forward, built on themes inspired by the Rocket X and Carbon X. Designed for logging long miles, this everyday trainer delivers a lively ride and energetic underfoot feel that is unquestionably HOKA. Softer and bouncier than the previous iteration, the Mach 4 employs a harmonious blend of foams — merging an incredibly soft, lightweight foam on topwithrubberizedfoamdirectlybeneath.Thisup-temposhoehasbeencraftedwithanewpulltab, revamped upper made from heat pressed TPU embroidered yarns, and a refined collar shape that alleviates pressure on the Achilles. Light, fast and unquestionably responsive, the Mach 4 delivers a daily dose of speed.
• Engineered mesh delivers breathable comfort
• Anatomical Achilles construction
• Removeable, molded EVA sockliner
• PROFLY™ midsole gives a cushioned landing and propulsive toe-off
• Early stage Meta-Rocker offers smooth ride
• Rubberized EVA outsole provides lightweight ground contact and responsive cushioning
I jumped from my Clifton 7's to Mach 4's, I've been running a lot more sealed surfaces as apposed to a mix of trail & sealed recently. You instantly notice the weight difference (lighter) but still very rigid. I'm not running a lot of k's (18k's per week), but feel the change in runner has even corrected my style and improved my confidence (and times). Would certainly recommend, big fan of the brand.